Store Managers (Greater Houston Metro - TX) SUBMIT NOW
MISS A is a young cosmetics and accessories company where makeup & fashion lovers can now shop all the latest trends – from primers and face masks to shadows, lip products, brushes, and much, much more – all for $1! We started out online in 2013, opened our first retail store in May 2016, and are continuing to rapidly expand our retail store division throughout the DFW Metroplex and Houston area.
We are currently seeking motivated, goal-oriented, and responsible Store Managers to join our expanding team in the Houston, TX area!
As Store Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management of the store. The Store Manager will be responsible for achieving sales goals, maintaining operational and merchandising standards, and building a strong, customer-focused and motivated team. The ideal candidate will be one that has experience with scheduling, hiring and training employees, managing payroll expenses, and monitoring and ordering inventory.
- Set and adjust daily schedule for shift personnel to ensure optimal efficiency of store operations while also staying within payroll budgets.
- Recruit and grow staff ensuring all positions are filled in a timely manner with qualified personnel.
- Train and evaluate existing staff; identify and resolve any issues in a timely and efficient manner, partnering with HR when necessary.
- Achieve sales goals.
- Collaborate with Marketing division of Miss A HQ to identify in-store opportunities to drive and increase sales.
- Ensure all cash control procedures are properly followed including bank deposits, safe funds, and petty.
- Monitor and control store expenses and budgets. Continually identify and pursue opportunities to reduce costs where possible.
- Receiving: ensure all deliveries are properly processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor movement of store inventory and follow all receiving policies.
- Implement and maintain all merchandising standards and ensure the sales floor is clean, organized, accessible, and reflects the correct visual standard at all times.
- Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner.
- Minimum 5 years of retail management or experience running a high-volume business.
- Must have a FLEXIBLE schedule and be available to work nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong leadership qualities to motivate and develop team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repetitive movement of the body; walking is required on a regular basis.
- Lift no less than 15-30 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Work in a Retail environment.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
Employment contingent upon passing a background check.